Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Mystery of the Pelvic Floor

Ok, I admit I never got it.  When I first started doing Pilates I would routinely be instructed to engage my pelvic floor, and I was just…what????

My instructors mentioned using my ‘pee muscles’ and doing a kegel.  Well, every woman who has ever had a baby knows a lot about ‘the kegel’.  But I wondered… what about the guys?  Here are 2 links that give good instructions for performing the kegel, one for men and one for women.  These links also supply more information as to the importance of having a strong pelvic floor.


Still, the kegel was not enough for me, or maybe it was too much for me.  Who knows?  It just wasn’t working.  Then I learned about doming and it all pulled together for me.

Tomorrow…more about doming and finding what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment